[opendtv] Re: speaking of truly troubled media ...

  • From: "John Willkie" <johnwillkie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 10:10:13 -0800

People who don't think a screen with 1/4 the screen area is adequate.  You
do have color, however.

I use two different computer screens.  Where I'm sitting right now, I have a
19" LCD screen; at home, I have a 17" CRT.  When I'm using the CRT, I miss
the LCD, despite the funny gamma of the latter.  The resolution just isn't
there, and it's smaller.

Bigger (and more resolute) seems to always be better to me.  I suspect you'd
feel the same way were the iPhone screen larger than Kindle's.

John Willkie