[opendtv] Re: Real numbers and charts about the U.S. TV audience

  • From: "Manfredi, Albert E" <albert.e.manfredi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Sep 2015 01:39:06 +0000

Craig Birkmaier wrote:

1. Overall in 20 countries surveyed, 34 percent of people today
watch TV time-shifted.

Agreed. But the vast majority of this is still via DVR or in-band
cable VOD.

Refrain from this falling back to vague generalities, Craig. We know those
percentages. You tell me this time, how much of that time-shifted TV viewing is
done from:

1. DVRs, and

2. In-system, non-Internet VOD?

We know the answers, Craig. Tell us, to show you read and understand the
sources.

2. In the US, 53% of people watch TV programs time-shifted,
with trailing millennials boosting that number to 60% (a
harbinger).

See above. Ericsson was very clear that this is mostly DVRs.

See above. What percentage is attributable to what medium? And it was not the
Ericsson study that told us this, in fact. I regurgitated all the links
yesterday, just to make it easier for you.

3. In the US, overall, 56% of people watch movies on their
TVs, time shifted.

Watching movies on a TV is obviously time shifted,

Yet another example of what we already covered. Is your linear HBO stream
considered "obviously time shifted," Craig? Is it any more "obviously time
shifted" than watching any scripted TV show?

It is amazing that no matter how many studies you are shown
with real stats about viewing trends, you ALWAYS spin them
to support your virtual reality.

I don't spin anything. I give you as precise numbers as we can come by, with
the source, and I give you the most recent numbers. Instead, just as you try
again above, you consistently retrench to vague generalities. Vague
generalities are unconvincing, Craig.