[opendtv] Re: News: NBC chief says Apple 'destroyed' music pricing

  • From: "John Willkie" <johnwillkie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2007 09:42:31 -0800

"Their balance sheets show a tremendous amount o debt and a negative net
worth. Their operating statements usually show a negative profit"

Very funny that.  I've been saying the latter (using direct language, no
holdouts "No cable company has ever shown a profit" for years, yet you have
pushed back on that.  Now, you quote something much worse: negative net
worth.

(This is why they don't 'compete' with broadcast stations: they can't afford
to actually create programming, and all but the smallest broadcast stations
DO.)

John Willkie