[opendtv] Re: News: Barton Wants DTV Tuners Sooner

  • From: Cliff Benham <cbenham@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 01 May 2005 20:42:33 -0400

Manfredi, Albert E wrote:

>Craig Birkmaier wrote:
>

>>There is NO incentive for most Americans to bother with
>>that Yagi.
>>

>No need, if a Radio Shack double bowtie can receive
>stations from 40 miles.

It can't.
I have one. I even took it up on the roof and set it up just to see.
Pointed it toward Philadelphia; nothing
Pointed it toward Baltimore; just an occasional blast of unintelligible
bits on the screen.
It takes a big yagi or a  parabolic UHF antenna [mine is 30 feet up] for
that distance.
I also took my Silver Sensor up there too. Same results.