[opendtv] Re: Interlace Artifacts

  • From: "John Willkie" <JohnWillkie@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 20:56:24 -0800

Isn't there just a little bit of a problem putting 1080@60p into the spec?
You know, the one about there just not being enough bits to play with?  So,
are you saying that we should have waited until MPEG-4 (permitting higher
bit rates) came into being?

I agree with the sentiment, in general.  I was even going to voice it here,
until I recognized that by doing so, I could reignite the "is 720 hdtv or
better than 1080i argument."