[opendtv] Re: FCC on HD Radio

  • From: "Manfredi, Albert E" <albert.e.manfredi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 May 2011 17:37:05 -0500

Craig Birkmaier wrote:

> We're just living through the inevitable slow erosion of the power now vested
> in the conglomerates.
>
> What I DO NOT want is the government stepping it to make sure that the
> Internet
> is open for competition.

Yes, for the time being, I can certainly agree. Aside from the few overt IPTV
models, which are just a replica of cable TV nets over IP, clients' broadband
Internet access in this country, as far as I know, is still neutral. So I am
also not in favor of the current FCC's "sky is falling" hand wringing.

All I am saying is, just because we are talking Internet Protocols does not
guarantee this situation can't change.