[opendtv] Re: DTT tuner design (was Re: Demand for free DTV rising in Australia)

  • From: "Albert Manfredi" <bert22306@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2007 21:28:48 -0400

Frank Eory wrote:

I understand why you might think "what's an extra 4 or 5 dollars on
the cost of a TV, if it means the off-air function works reliably?," but
I seriously think you must be joking. An extra 4 or 5 dollars? Maybe
an extra 4 or 5 dimes, or perhaps quarters -- and then only if there
is a perceived market advantage that can justify a higher retail price.

I hope this exchange between Frank and Stephen is enough to explain why a simple switch to COFDM won't fix a thing in the US DTT market.

This is why it's imperative to know what the problem is, rather than jumping to facile conclusions.