[opendtv] Re: DTT tuner design (was Re: Demand for free DTV rising in Australia)

  • From: "John Shutt" <shuttj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2007 08:23:05 -0400

----- Original Message ----- From: "Albert Manfredi" <bert22306@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Bert,

Your statement below assumes that reception among existing COFDM and 8-VSB receivers are equally poor. That is an assumption that I cannot agree to. I think the "Cold Fusion" LG STB has proven that 8-VSB is more sensitive to tuner design than COFDM.

John

I hope this exchange between Frank and Stephen is enough to explain why a simple switch to COFDM won't fix a thing in the US DTT market.

This is why it's imperative to know what the problem is, rather than jumping to facile conclusions.