[opendtv] Re: Carriage of various extra types of data in digital TV

  • From: Richard Hollandsworth <holl_ands@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 3 May 2008 14:32:42 -0700 (PDT)

Firmware updates to HDTVs via OTA (and now Cable) and will be in some
Sony Bravia HDTVs coming out later this summer, followed by other
(unnamed) manuf. next year, according to Update Logic rep. I talked to
at NAB2008 DTV Hot Spot:
http://www.updatelogic.com/
It's been a data channel on our local KPBS-DT for past 3 years.

holl_ands

==================================
Craig Birkmaier <craig@xxxxxxxxx> wrote: At 7:02 PM -0400 5/2/08, Tom Barry
wrote:
>Craig Birkmaier wrote:
>>>  Also, anybody know what current integrated digital TV's usually support?
>>
>>  Audio, video and program guide (PSIP).
>>
>Surely they must at least support the various new options of closed
>caption info.  No?
>
>- Tom

Sorry. Yes, I forgot about closed captions.