[opendtv] Re: Broadcast station totals

  • From: "Manfredi, Albert E" <albert.e.manfredi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 May 2011 16:36:05 -0500

Craig Birkmaier wrote:

>>> There is no reason to believe that broadcasters cannot deliver
>>> 30-50 channels in half of the spectrum they now occupy.
>>
>> Those are empty words, Craig. Almost like, "where do we begin?"
>
> They are doing it in the U.K with an old, inefficient compression
> algorithm.

But these are STILL empty words, Craig.

Show me numbers and sources. Since we use the same MPEG-2 compression algorithm
as what you are asserting above anyway, show me where any DTV standard is
transmitting better 3.3 b/s/Hz at 15.2 or so C/N, aside from possibly DVB-T2.

Just saying something doesn't make it so.