[opendtv] Re: Broadcast Flag

  • From: "John Shutt" <shuttj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Johh Willkie" <JohnWillkie@xxxxxxxxxx>,"OpenDTV" <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2004 09:12:03 -0400

----- Original Message -----
From: "John Willkie" <johnwillkie@xxxxxxxxxx>

> Notice the "if the broadcast flag is broadcast."  I haven't paid much
> attention to the feature set of other PSIP generator manufacturers (to
avoid
> issues of copying, etc) in the past year or so, but I don't think that the
> broadcast flag is used at all, due to it's legal newness, and the somewhat
> thorny technical and marketing issues.  Are the commercials flagged?

Our Trevini Guidebuilder has several attribute checkboxes that can be set
for each program, such as "Parental Control" and "Captioning Service."  One
attribute is called "Content Redistribution."  I have no idea if it really
sets the ATSC Broadcast Flag, or if it is a holdover from the original DVB
program guide software that is was ported from.