[opendtv] Re: Antenna farm

  • From: Albert Manfredi <albert.e.manfredi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2008 02:21:47 -0500

> I'll be trying out the Accurian 3rd gen STB to see
> how that compares with its previous performance
> with the indoor antenna.

Wow. This was even more impressive. Previously, with the antenna in the
fireplace, the Accurian could only receive solid maybe half of the stations
that the LG and Philips could receive. Instead now, all of the local stations
come in solid, as does one of the Balt stations (WJZ-DT, which is at 1 MW UHF).
Two more Baltimore stations come in, but not solidly.

I had not expected a big improvement from a 3rd gen box, since I expected the
two antennas to increase ghost energy too. But instead, dramatic improvement.

The local stations are between 12 and 20 miles distant, as the crow flies, and
Baltimore is 46.6 miles away.