[opendtv] Re: A view from the UK

  • From: "Manfredi, Albert E" <albert.e.manfredi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2004 14:12:17 -0400

jeroen.stessen@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Hello,
>=20
> I was delighted to see this posting by Alan Roberts:
> > I've been monitoring this list for some time (years) but=20
> have not yet
> posted
> > because I didn't want my affiliation to mar discussions. I've just
> retired
> > from 36 years working for the BBC in R&D, much of it in=20
> developing DTV
> and
> > HDTV.
>=20
> A very warm welcome to you, Sir Alan !  ;-)

I concur with that sentiment, and also am delighted to hear from
you again, Jeroen. Alan used to contribute occasionally to the
usenet advanced TV group several years ago, until that forum
went sort of dorment. Always a pleasure to hear from those on
the front lines, as it were.

I was especially worried, having seen articles of cutbacks at
Philips in Europe.