[opendtv] Re: 2.35:1 on 16:9 screen (was: Mobile TV coming of age)

  • From: "Barry Wilkins" <Barry.Wilkins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 14:48:37 +1200

Yes John,

I see what you're saying. Let me state with an example how annoying the
distortion can be. If you have seen the acclaimed Shrek movie you will
recall a scene where Donkey and Shrek are sitting on a rock/hill top at
night with the Moon centre stage in the background. The moon is low on
the horizon and so looks rather large. But the moon is not round - it is
an EGG! This is ridiculous, and this is done to squeeze in the side
information. I am not concerned with the sides. What concerns me is a
completely unnatural looking Moon in the centre. Sure, I could put up
with a smaller image - about 60% of my screen height, but then (joke) I
need binoculars to see the movie.

Barry =20