[openbeosnetteam] Re: Realtek 8139 Driver

  • From: "Philippe Houdoin" <philippe.houdoin@xxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeosnetteam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 02:09:30 GMT

> > I'll create a new rtl8139 directoy to host your driver in the next
> > hours or days, depends on son noise level :-p
>
> Thanks a million. I will send any updated files to you too.

I've commit your driver code to CVS tree, under current/src/add-ons/
kernel/drivers/network/rtl8139
Give a look via this link:
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/open-beos/current/src/
add-ons/kernel/drivers/network/rtl8139

Changes made:
a. your ether_driver.h was incomplete, I take the *full* (if this Be
Inc. API can ever be considered both as public and complete!!!) one
from
the sis900 driver. Guess it should be better if moved under current/
headers/private/net.
Axel, agreed?

b. I clone Axel sis900 Jamfile into a new one for this rtl8139 driver.
To build your driver, assuming you've both checked out OBOS CVS tree
locally and the right build chain (Jam, for a start), just run:
$ jam rtl8139
Then, you should find it under your local current/distro/x86.R1/beos/
system/add-ons/kernel/drivers/network/rtl8139

I haven't import yet your net_server add-on code, will follow soon.
But this should not block your progress, as only the kernel driver
seems to still need work...

Last but not least, I'll ask CVS write access for you in a minute...

-Philippe

--
Fortune Cookie Says:

"I am ready to meet my Maker.  Whether my Maker is prepared for the
great ordeal of meeting me is another matter."
                -- Winston Churchill