[openbeosnetteam] Re: Realtek 8139 Driver

  • From: "Philippe Houdoin" <philippe.houdoin@xxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeosnetteam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 03:19:31 GMT

Axel wrote:
> > > I notice, too, that both NewOS rtl8139.c driver (which,
> > > unfortunatly
> > > for you, is no more
> > > present in our CVS and as NewOS source depot seem unavailable
> > > these
> > > days... bad luck)
>
> I still have a copy of that around when he needs it. I am a bit
> surprised that you didn't just port that driver, that would have been
> far easier and not so time consuming.

I've sent mine to Niels, so he can look how it (should?) works.
For instance, it don't bufferized packets on driver-side: each packet
received raise the read_hook semaphore,
A good design, the shorter the better.

I agree, porting this code to BeOS kernel driver API would be easier...

> > Thanks a million. I will send any updated files to you too.
>
> For now yes, but please use CVS directly once you got an account -
> that's the purpose of it, even if you don't like it now. It might
> never
> again be so easy to get write access to our repository, don't play
> with
> it ;-)

LOL

- Philippe

--
Fortune Cookie Says:

Truth will be out this morning.  (Which may really mess things up.)