[openbeosnetteam] Re: Realtek 8139 Driver

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeosnetteam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 14:47:47 +0200 CEST

"Philippe Houdoin" <philippe.houdoin@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Changes made:
> a. your ether_driver.h was incomplete, I take the *full* (if this Be
> Inc. API can ever be considered both as public and complete!!!) one
> from the sis900 driver. Guess it should be better if moved under
> current/headers/private/net.
> Axel, agreed?

For now, yes, although I would prefer a public directory in the long
term.

[...]
> I haven't import yet your net_server add-on code, will follow soon.
> But this should not block your progress, as only the kernel driver
> seems to still need work...

BTW I also don't have put the add-on code to the repository, for simple
reasons:
- it will never change anymore
- it's not needed anymore with BONE and our stack
- we don't really need it there, since I still intend to release
updates to this driver directly on BeBits for the time being

Adios...
   Axel.