[openbeosnetteam] Re: Network preflet, the future?

  • From: "Philippe Houdoin" <philippe.houdoin@xxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeosnetteam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2003 13:21:37 GMT

> The good thing is, however, that if the stack is able to load its
> settings, it could also just start the first time it is needed; it
> doesn't really need an extra "starter" application - if you don't use
> something like inetd (have some servers only started on demand).

That's right, but only for the network client side.
I guess that user want, if he enabled it/them, ftp and/or telnet
services to be
ready as soon as possible...
The inetd processus would help here.

> Since we are in control, we could even add a possibility to unload
> such
> modules :-)

Yes, but I try to keep R5 target in mind, too.

- Philippe

--
Fortune Cookie Says:

Military intelligence is a contradiction in terms.
                -- Groucho Marx