[openbeosnetteam] GUI task status

  • From: "Philippe Houdoin" <philippe.houdoin@xxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeosnetteam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 08:49:27 +0200 (added by postmaster@wanadoo.fr)

Robert wrote:
> Here is the status for the GUI task :)
>
> First..
> It seemes that the Preferences team already have made a PrefApp.
> I've been mailing with PrefTeam lead Andrew McCall and they have
> made a Net_server R5 compatible thingy.

Yes, I discover this last week too!
However, it's a classical waste of time: why rewrote a *preflet* which
will works only with the O' net_server config design,
something we're not trying to reproduce!?
Anyway, the GUI-only code may help...

> It's commited to the cvs at /current/src/prefs/networks.
> I have not been able to get this it to compile (cus i suck at jam?)
so i dont know what it really is and how it looks like.

Oh. It compiles fine for me, but you can just "jam" in /current/src/
prefs/network directory. A "jam" at /current compile it fine, instead.
See bellow.

> I scanned through the old messages in the mailing list and found a
thread
> where a former member (Evan Knop) talks about some work he have done
on a pref app.
> I mailed with him for a while and received a great start of such app.
> It handles the plugin operations (scans for "tabs" and loads them
into the app). It's indeed a good start.

Looks fine. Please commit ASAP in... let's say /net_kit/source/apps/
pref, so we all can see what we're talking about.
BTW, yes I plan to move to /current/* somedays, but not right now, as
I'm not that confident in my jam skills.
Which are limited to... well, running "jam" today ;-)

> So, where to go from here..?
> It would be nice of someone could try to comile the code in the cvs
so we know what that is.
> Maby we could merge the two apps together and make it a really great
one. :)

You'll find the latest version compiled today here:
http://philippe.houdoin.free.fr/phil/beos/openbeos/OBOS_Network.zip

Here how this R5 Network preflet rewrote looks :
http://philippe.houdoin.free.fr/phil/beos/openbeos/
obos_network_identity.jpg
http://philippe.houdoin.free.fr/phil/beos/openbeos/
obos_network_services.jpg

> PS. my SF id is not robert (as it says on the OBOS NetTeam GUI
Preferences app task information) but rather "enola".

Fixed.
Tell me when you want we report a better progress % than the current 0%
of this task.

-Philippe.

--
Fortune Cookie Says:

Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying
of nothing.
                -- Redd Foxx
ers.  While the first two are more pleasant, the third is by far
the more certain."
                -- Baron Rothschild, ca. 1800