[openbeosnetteam] Re: "Where is the code?",

  • From: robert@xxxxxxxx
  • To: openbeosnetteam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 8:05:27 +0200

> BTW, what's up on the GUI task? Any proposal API/spec to
> share with us,
> Robert?

Here is the status for the GUI task :)

First..
It seemes that the Preferences team already have made a PrefApp. I've been
mailing with PrefTeam lead Andrew McCall and they have made a Net_server R5
compatible thingy. It's commited to the cvs at /current/src/prefs/networks. I
have not been able to get this it to compile (cus i suck at jam?) so i dont
know what it really is and how it looks like.

Second..
I scanned through the old messages in the mailing list and found a thread where
a former member (Evan Knop) talks about some work he have done on a pref app. I
mailed with him for a while and received a great start of such app. It handles
the plugin operations (scans for "tabs" and loads them into the app). It's
indeed a good start.

So, where to go from here..?
It would be nice of someone could try to comile the code in the cvs so we know
what that is.
Maby we could merge the two apps together and make it a really great one. :)

# robert

PS. my SF id is not robert (as it says on the OBOS NetTeam GUI Preferences app
task information) but rather "enola".