[openbeosnetteam] Re: GUI task status

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeosnetteam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 14:18:37 CEST (+0200)

Philippe wrote:
> I work on simplifying the build scripts (makefiles) so that we, and
> ASAP any
> alpha-testers, can easily build & install both kernel and userland
> stacks.
>
> Also, I spend a lot of time to step via a debugger each app in
> /net_kit/source/apps/* so that I could understand better how stack
> internals
> works and, sometime, how it *should* had worked.
>
> In the same time, I'm writting some docs about the stack design.

That's great - the more docs we have, the better. Also, it allows
people who don't have the overview yet (i.e. me :-)) to contribute to
the code.

> Not that much, I hope. Dial Up support could be tricky, however.
> But the basic LAN network support is there, just not enough stable.
> The userland stack version should be of great help to fix that, as
> most of the modules code is common for both userland and kernel
> versions.
>
> Note that we need DNS support too. It's why the libnet.so is not
> completed
> yet...

Dial-Up shouldn't be that tricky - just a special interface where you
can specify the device, dial-up number, username, password, etc.; it
should be the same interface as the one used to bring up a PPP
connection as it is basically the same thing.

Adios...
   Axel.