[openbeosnetteam] Re: DHCP Client needed,what would stand in the way?

  • From: "vladimir reikine" <vreikine@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeosnetteam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 12:28:24 -0400

From: "Waldemar Kornewald" <Waldemar.Kornewald@xxxxxx>

>Alternatively, we could have a "/etc/dynamic-resolv.conf" which is
>cleared on boot-up.

Just to elaborate this idea further:
there may be more dynamic config files in the system - DHCP client can create a
temp config file with default gateway info as well. May be it make sense to
have a small (a page or 2) file system in RAM (tmpfs ? ) where we can store
those files. On the reboot it will be cleared.

Vlad