[ola] Re: Progressions

  • From: Calysta Phillips <cphillips@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ola@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2013 14:07:22 -0700

Yes! I know I am NOT ALONE in doing a traditional UNIT driven class in the
CIRCLE. How do I know my circle is Unit driven? In Spanish and French 2 we
are wrapping up a "Doctor/reflexive verb/body parts" unit. In Spanish and
French 1, we are wrapping up "Classroom/Emotions/Prepositions of
Location/estar/ir" Unit (Avancemos 1, Unidad 2 anyone?)...While I left room
for a lot of "extra" stuff to come up, we were hanging ornaments on the
very tips of my predetermined branches...

The good news???? I FINALLY GOT RID OF MY DESKS!!!! :) I did it, Darcy!

The bad news???? Still not letting it go, letting the Question Hook
Sequence happen... feeling "obliged" to my department that they arrive at
levels 3 and up with a knowledge of the grammar....

Who else is teaching traditional "UNITS" in the circle... bringing the
agenda to the table? I have several things stopping me:
Fear
Department Alignment
Lack of knowledge/comfort with ACTFL levels and progressions to really be
able to monitor my students that way.

Would love to know who else is in my boat. Thanks! Calysta