[ola] ESL Pilot

  • From: Arnold Bleicher <arnoldb@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: OLA Listserve <ola@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2013 11:50:10 -0800

Any high school ESL programs out there that would like to participate in
pilot testing the new AAPPL English assessment? I am looking for some fairly
low-level speakers (Novice and low-level Intermediate) to take the
assessment after the first of the year. The assessment will measure
abilities in Interpretive (Listening and Reading), Presentational (Writing),
and Interpersonal (Listening and Speaking) and the 4 components can be
broken up into segments, meaning that it can be taken over a few days.

We are looking for about 15-20 students at these lower levels. The results
will be sent to the school but they will not be official ACTFL results as
this is a pilot.

If you are interested, let me know. Please write to me at AAPPLQA@xxxxxxxxx

Thanks,

Arnold