[ola] Re: My first day.....

  • From: ANGELA STEPHENS <ASTEPH1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ola@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ola@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2013 15:15:30 -0700

Ok so day one is done.  I managed to stay in the target language 99% of the day
and my 2 slip-ups were "Sweet" and "Nice job"  when kids who had never spoken
Spanish "got it"...  I did not have any tears, though a few came close.  My
exploratory (grade 6) level kiddos are the most stressed out but they will get
there.  Each and every one of my 110 kiddos I saw today can introduce
themselves in Spanish (Mi nombre es....) and some can even tell the names of
other kiddos!  I feel accomplished.  Tomorrow is another day!   :)  More to
learn.  Thanks so much for all of your ideas and input.

One "helper" that I have is a soccer ball that (I bought in the infant section)
has many holes in it and is squishy.  My idea is to use it to get kids to talk
to each other, toss the ball to who you want to talk to sort of thing.  (I have
used it many times in the past but have forgotten all the ways).

Hope all is going well for the rest of you!
Angie