[ola] Re: First days!

  • From: Ruth Whalen Crockett <rwhalen@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ola@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ola@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2013 20:47:14 +0000

Heidi's email brings me back to my first days doing OLA almost two years ago.
It was scary, but I didn't know what was more scary, teaching using a new
strategy that felt challenging and right, or returning to the ways I had always
taught.  I knew that I wanted to engage students more fully in speaking and
learning Spanish.  I knew that I had to do something different and that my risk
taking would pay off.

Have fun tomorrow!  Build community, speak a bunch of Spanish and make lots of
mistakes. It is exactly what we are expecting the kids to do.  The students
will push back, you are asking them to do something really hard.  Just keep
inviting them in.

I too am really looking forward to hearing how your first days go.

Ruthie

From: Ashley Uyaguari
<auyaguari@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx><mailto:auyaguari@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: ola@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:ola@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
<ola@xxxxxxxxxxxxx><mailto:ola@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Monday, August 26 2013 03:12 PM
Subject: [ola] First days!
What activities are people planning for the first days of school?

I love Ruthie's color activity!

--
Ashley Uyaguari

Spanish Teacher
Spanish Team Curriculum Coordinator
JV Girls Basketball Coach
Innovation Academy Charter School
Tyngsboro, MA 01879
978-649-0432 x3301

This email may contain confidential or privileged information. If you are not
the intended recipient, please advise by return e-mail and delete immediately
without reading or forwarding to others.

The contents of this e-mail and any attachments are the property of the
Montachusett Regional Vocational Technical School and subject to the Public
Records Law, M.G.L. c. 66, § 10.
Montachusett Regional Vocational Technical School does not discriminate on the
basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation,
disability, religion or national origin.
District Title IX Compliance Coordinator: Principal Nicholas J. DeSimone, (978)
345-9200 x5205