[ola] Re: First days!

  • From: P Cooke <pcooke2003@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ola@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2013 12:22:23 -0700

Thanks for everything you share, ola listservers :-)  --- This is a great
community!!
I'm wondering what activities people are doing for Spanish 1A and 1B the
first week (middle school - 7th and 8th), and how you handle expectations,
rules, guidelines. I'll have 6 classes per day of 47 mins each, probably
about 30 kids each, with 4 minutes between classes. My planning period is
1st period (I think) so the rest of the day is pretty much without a break
(except 30 minutes for lunch, supposedly, which doesn't always happen).
 Our school has the typical challenges associated with an urban high
poverty school, although the staff is very dedicated, collaborative, and
proactive...  I am the only Spanish teacher, though, so it is helpful to
get input from you all!  Thanks in advance -

Patricia

อย่างจริงใจ
*       patti*