[ola] Re: Alignment

  • From: JoAnna Coleman <joannac@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "ola@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ola@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2013 17:49:50 +0000

thanks for the encouragement!

JoAnna Coleman
Spanish Teacher
Wilson High School
503-916-5280 ext. 75231
joannac@xxxxxxx
http://profecoleman.wordpress.com/

________________________________
From: ola-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <ola-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> on behalf of Ashley
Uyaguari <auyaguari@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, November 18, 2013 9:48 AM
To: ola@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [ola] Re: Alignment

My feeling is stick with owl and they will see what the kids can really do and
they'll have to adjust. But, that's just me.

On Monday, November 18, 2013, JoAnna Coleman wrote:

I am starting a unit on daily routine and daily life, which obviously lends
itself to reflexive verbs, which I teach in context and through modeling &
gestures (me pinto, vs. pinto vs. te pinto, ella se pinta, etc...) I am
thinking that as we get to the end of the unit and when kids are ready for
their oral interviews, that I will do an explanation of reflexive verbs, etc...

some kids really want this, too, they feel like they are "learning" when they
get a grammar explanation because they are able to talk about language (but not
necessarily use it)

From: ola-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <ola-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> on behalf of Jody
Soberon <

--
Ashley Uyaguari

Spanish Teacher 6/7/8
Team Curriculum Coordinator
Innovation Academy Charter School
Tyngsboro, MA 01879
978-649-0432 x3301

This email may contain confidential or privileged information. If you are not
the intended recipient, please advise by return e-mail and delete immediately
without reading or forwarding to others.