[ola] Re: 21 game

  • From: Lori Leedy <lori.leedy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ola@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ola@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2015 11:50:17 -0800

Students stand in circle. one student starts saying "1" then next student
"2" and so on. When it gets to 21 that student makes up a rule for another
number. Ex: Every number 7 must jump up and down 3 times. Then that student
starts with 1 and it goes around again until 21 and the next rule is made.
(I always played with 11 so that it would go faster and after one big time
through I split into 2 smaller circles). Obviously all of this is done in
the Target Language.

** If it gets to that number and the student doesn't remember to do the
action or follow the rule then they are 'out.' (you can have them go get
started on another task or just continue to play or they could have 3
strikes, etc.)

--

*Lori Leedy*English Language Development/Spanish
Crater Renaissance Academy