[obol] Upper Nestucca CBC

  • From: Linda Fink <linda@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: OBOLINKS <OBOL@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2015 19:11:58 -0700

The most fun CBC with the best count down meal and location is in need of help this year as some of our "regulars" are not available. The Upper Nestucca CBC, the only count within the Coast Range, will be on the first day of the count period, Dec. 14. No other counts are scheduled for that day so CBC enthusiasts, please help us out!

The count down takes place at the home of Linda Leavitt within the count circle, where she provides us with a delicious hot meal and Ruffed Grouse almost a certainty, since they seem to have taken up residence in the Leavitt's back woods and are pretty unafraid of people.

If any of you from Portland are available to help, John Notis is willing to transport folks from Portland to the count. He has an awesome area of the circle to bird... with plenty of "good" birds in it. Contact him at notisj@xxxxxxxxx

If anyone wants to join my sector for an early morning hike in lovely scenery, where occasionally a bird is sighted, contact me, linda@xxxxxxxx. I start from home, our farm, at daybreak and drive 1/2 hour to the edge of the count circle. I then meander through the woods, mostly on foot, for the rest of the day, with Johnny occasionally providing a ride to another portion of the forest. I usually see elk, deer, coyote, rabbit, sometimes bobcat, squirrel, a porcupine once... and the occasional bird.

If you are willing to enjoy the lovely scenery of the coast range, please contact Don Albright, donalbright@xxxxxxxxxxxx, our fearless coordinator who guarantees us good weather. Don can set you up on a team in whatever area you prefer... most of which have far more birds than mine.

Linda Fink

--
http://lindafink.blogspot.com/
http://lindafink-birdnotes.blogspot.com/