[obol] Lincoln County, NO GC FLycatcher today

  • From: "judy" <jmeredit@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "obol" <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2015 18:41:58 -0700

A rainy day on Thornton Creek Road where 10 or more birders spent time today searching for the bird. Darrel Faxon came by more than once to offer tips and encouragement. Far as I know the area was covered from dawn ( John Sullivan ) to 5:30 when I left. Apparently there was about 30 minutes around noon with no rain but no one heard or saw the flycatcher then either. So, was the bird was just hunkered or has it left the area, that is the question. Thanks to Darrel and birders from PDX, Gresham, Eugene, Corvallis and Bend for helpful sharing while strolling back and forth along Thornton Creek Rd.

Oh, there was a Red-breasted Sapsucker in the trees lining the east side of the pond up near Darrel's house, found by the Fitchens. I saw one later where it stayed in a tree for over an hour, across from the 980 mailbox, low on a deciduous tree on the right side of the road. Darrel says RB Sap is a good bird for Lincoln county. There were a few flying insects about today so there is still food for a flycatcher.

Good birding, rain or shine, Judy, jmeredit@xxxxxxxxxxx