[obol] Northern Bobwhite in Lane County

  • From: "W. Douglas Robinson" <w.douglas.robinson@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: OBOL <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2014 11:51:41 -0700

Hi Barbara

Very interesting. I'd encourage you to put this in eBird even though it's
likely an escaped bird. It will be categorized as Not Valid (called a possible
exotic) by the Lane County reviewer. But the record will still persist in eBird
so people who want to do research on occurrences, patterns of establishment, or
hotspots for releases/escapes of gamebirds can still access that information in
the eBird database. How else will we learn how and where introduced species
take hold if the data are not preserved?

Keep up the good work!
Doug