[obol] Juvenile Sharp-shinned or Cooper's?

  • From: "Nagi Aboulenein" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "aboulenein" for DMARC)
  • To: obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2015 21:01:08 -0800

Taghrid and I visited Baskett Slough and Ankeny NWR last Sunday, Nov 22 - below
is a link to some photos from that trip.

At the Pintail Marsh in Ankeny, we saw a juvenile hawk that we think may be a
sharp-shinned hawk, but may well also be a juvenile Cooper’s hawk - a
confirmation of the ID would be greatly appreciated! The long thin legs made us
think sharp-shinned, but the rounded tail feathers may also indicate Cooper’s.

https://goo.gl/photos/KkUb8NtENzxfoEUA9

Thanks!
--
Nagi & Taghrid