[obol] Re: Juvenile Sharp-shinned or Cooper's?

  • From: Caleb Centanni <caleb@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2015 21:12:33 -0800

I would tend to lean Sharp-shinned on the bird pictured due to the
small-headed appearance and the coarse streaking, among a few other minor
things.
El 26/11/2015 21:01, "Nagi Aboulenein" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
escribió:

Taghrid and I visited Baskett Slough and Ankeny NWR last Sunday, Nov 22 -
below is a link to some photos from that trip.

At the Pintail Marsh in Ankeny, we saw a juvenile hawk that we think may
be a sharp-shinned hawk, but may well also be a juvenile Cooper’s hawk - a
confirmation of the ID would be greatly appreciated! The long thin legs
made us think sharp-shinned, but the rounded tail feathers may also
indicate Cooper’s.

https://goo.gl/photos/KkUb8NtENzxfoEUA9

Thanks!
--