[obol] Indigo Bunting at Steigerwald

  • From: George Neavoll <gneavoll@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: OBOL <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2014 12:16:36 -0700

Gorgeous breeding-plumage male INDIGO BUNTING reported for past week at
Steigerwald Lake NWR in Lower Columbia River Gorge e. of Washougal, Wash.,
still there this morning, singing heartily from low shrubs along Gibbons Creek
Trail. This is excellent opportunity - tapes not required - for Oregon birders
to add this eastern vagrant to their list(s). Sabin Belknap and I found it
perhaps a half-mile beyond (through) "door" at wooden bridge over creek, along
line of Black Cottonwoods, at about 9:15 a.m., and continuing thereafter.
Steigerwald Lake is 19 miles east of I-5 bridge, on state Route 14.

George Neavoll
S.W. Portland