[obol] Re: Indigo Bunting at Steigerwald

  • From: Stephen Deagle <sdeagle@xxxxxxx>
  • To: gneavoll@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 05 Jun 2014 13:25:47 -0700

We watched the male Indigo Bunting on Monday, the 2nd, at Steigerwald for about
fifteen or twenty minutes. It was around 3:00 pm. I played my eBird recording
just once (I felt guilty doing it!) and he flew right at me from a nearby small
tree. From then on, he flew back and forth between several small bushes and the
fence post, singing away. We stopped right at that small sculpture of the
poplar tree (past the dinner plate and silverware sculpture) and that is where
we found him. He is gorgeous in his breeding plumage. Wish we had had a camera
with a telephoto lens because there were great photo opportunities....so anyone
wanting good pictures, go check out this bird!
Susie and Steve Deagle