[obol] Field Guides

  • From: clay crofton <ruffledgrouch@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2015 18:21:59 -0700

If I ever have to replace my trusty old Peterson I will get the Kauffmann
Field Guide. It has three selling points, First, that it is compact enough
that I might even carry it in the Field. Second, and also the reason that I
recommended it for beginners, the superior index systems. There is a
pictorial quick index that is great for following the color coded edges to
the correct section before one forgets the details of the bird just seen.
There is a second quick guide in the back that includes color code
references, plus the full index has bold and other print distinctions that
simplify use. Finally, Kenn has a great awareness of what features can
actually be seen in the field. For use in the field this is my pick.

--

*Happy birdingClay*
*There's more Birders than Golfers*