[obol] Re: Field Guides

  • From: "Cynthia Talbott-Nelson" <cyncay@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ruffledgrouch@xxxxxxxxx>, <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 24 Oct 2015 19:27:16 -0700

Clay, You reminded me of my first bird book which was a 2nd edition of
Peterson’s Guide for Eastern Birds. As kids we made our own index version of
denoting the families by carefully writing on the little paper tags of plastic
index markers used for notebooks at the time. I was twelve. Picking up that
book just last week was like meeting an old friend. Aah memories… Being at
Oglebay Institute’s Nature Camp just outside of Wheeling W. Va. are some of my
fondest memories of youth. First bird walk led by Don Altimus, brilliant
birder, loved birding ever since.

Cynthia