[obol] Curry Sprague's Pipit 10/29/2015

  • From: Tim Rodenkirk <timrodenkirk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2015 18:51:03 -0700

Terry Wahl called me today and I was out in the woods, didn't get the full
message until later in the day when the bird had disappeared. He had great
looks at a SPRAGUE'S PIPIT at the family ranch near Cape Blanco, Curry. By
the time I was off work the bird had disappeared but it sounds like he had
excellent views. The only other accepted record was 100 feet from this
bird! I think he saw one other one also on the family ranch but never sent
a report in to OBRC.

He also reported a NORTHERN MOCKINGBIRD today on the ranch.

Speaking of mockers, there has been another reported and photographed at
Bullard's Beach SP in Bandon near camp site 10. Been there a week or so.
Also, there has been a SNOW GOOSE at Bandon Dunes golf course the past
couple of weeks. I have not been around enough to even remotely have the
chance to look for either of these birds.

Oh, still 30+ ELEGANT TERNS on Coos Bay seen from the north spit this
evening. They usually disappear by early November, that is when they are
rarely even seen here!!

Too many birds to chase lately,
Tim R
Coos Bay