Re: [nvda-translations] Use of Multi Meaningful words: A headache to translator!

  • From: Mesar Hameed <mesar.hameed@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nvda-translations@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2012 07:11:12 +0100

Hi team,

Monday's update po script should bring us some new changes, and hopefully we
can
start to resolve some of the issues that were raised.

1. some messages like:
"input help %s"
has been replaced by two messages, "input help on", "input help off"

This is better than having 3 messages,:
"input help %s",
"on", "is presented when input help is toggled to the off state"
"off", "is presented when input help is toggled to the on state"

of course this would be same for any other toggleable.

2. very short messages such as none, some, most, all, have been given a context.
Probably many more need improvements but I wanted to try first with just a few
messages.

We need to find the right ballance between adding contexts or rewriting
existing messages.

To test the updated po files, you need snapshot 5484 or newer.

Please report any problem messages and we can see what the best way to fix them
may be.

Thanks,
Mesar