[notetakerinfo] Re: Hello and thanks

  • From: "Dave Allen" <dave.blindsight@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <notetakerinfo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2014 22:20:02 +1300

Hi Blake!

and thanks for the welcome.

I joined this list firstly because someone was having some difficulty
joining and wanted a hand. I'm unsure whether I was any help or not, but
will Email directly and check on that progress.

Second, I do have a Braille Sense Plus, and am familiar with all the Hims
products, although I still haven't had much experience with a U2 Mini, but
I've supported several that have had them, and it hasn't killed me yet. Have
good knowledge of other note takers also, such as the Bookport family from
APH, and know my way around the Braille note from Humanware though I haven't
used one in a couple years.

I'm not looking for another volunteer job, but if you need me, I will be
dependable.

I'm located in Dunedin, on the east coast of New Zealand's south island.

Originally from WV in the US, but people get a bit confused sometimes
because they want me to have an accent that I lack, but it ain't gonna
happen.

Ran across a peculiarity today that perhaps someone will know something
about. I failed to do something very simple. A friend has an old backup on
the SD card on their On Hand that they no longer need, so it should be a
simple thing to just delete it in file manager, except that the delete
function doesn't seem to be working because it remains after confirmation.
The problem is not unique to the machine because I had a go at trying it
with another on hand that was available on my desk at the time, and it just
won't go away. The write protection isn't enabled on the card, so I'm out of
ideas. I know I could have tried it with Windows explorer on a PC, but
really as a solution that seems a bit like using a sledge on a finishing
nail, or is it?

Cheers,
Dave