[USS Vanguard] Re: crash, bang, boom

  • From: "Steve Hedger" <kdarkwater@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ncv80221@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2001 16:23:11 +0000

Ensign Kieran Darkwater
Angel One
Following on from Crash, Bang, Boom

Watching the Doctor leading the injured man from the room, Kieran couldn't
help but feel as though something were being staged for their benefit here.
According the files the women of Angel One saw their male counterparts as
less than themselves, both physically and mentally, but they still placed a
certain value in their health and wellbeing usually, much as children or
servants.

Indeed, life-matings were commonplace, with the male taking a household
servant role to the female's matriarchal figure, so it seemed strange that
they should all so pointedly ignore the man as he fell.

Figuring he was unlikely to get anything intelligible from any of the women
present, who's stares had already made it clear what they thought of his
presence even if their lips had yet to say the word, Kieran drifted across
towards the serving table where the men were repeatedly returning to fill
glasses and pick up trays to carry off.

"Good afternoon." he said quietly, his eyes on the table, gauging the
reaction. Most of the women seemed content to allow him to move away and
speak, even seemed glad of the distance as though he were returning to where
he belonged, but Katriua's eyes flashed with anger, and he could see her
seeking reasons to intervene.

"Excuse me, uh...Sir?" said the nearest servant, to whom he had spoken, his
eyes darting to their host. "I really should get on, or I shall get in
trouble."

"We wouldn't want that, would we?" Gevran said with a slight smile, "you'd
better get on."

USS Vanguard: http://vanguard.iwarp.com
_Free_Lists: //www.freelists.org