[USS Vanguard] The plot thickens

  • From: Alexander Keenan <alexander.keenan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ncv80221@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2004 19:34:55 +0100 (BST)

Lt.Sam McCaw
After Meet the Parents
Planetside

Sam followed Lizzy McCaw to a small garden where Capatin Santos was being
offered various local herbs and fruits to sample by a young girl. Lizzy stopped
and the entrance and as Sam approached the little girl told the captain ratehr
firmly to "Sit there and wait while I get juice" to Sam's amusement Santos did
exactly as he was told.
"Under new orders are we Captain?"
Santo chuckled "I always difer to my youngers and betters. What can I do for
you Sam?"
"Well sir, it's about the warp engine."

"I assume it's irreparably damaged, else how would we end up stranded here?"

"That's just it sir! My scans of the planet indicate that there's plenty of raw
materials available - I could have her spaceworthy in a week tops. The only
complication is that it'd be safer to conduct repairs if we could land her on
the planet."

Santos frowned as Sam continued.

"There's more sir... Look Nick, you know... I mean to say that." Sam took a
deep breath. "The only girl I've ever cared for enough to settle down with is
Qbed."

"You think think this might be a Q encounter?"

Sam shrugged "I'm just saying that it's a possibility. But, even if it's not
them and personally I don't feel like this is their style, Qbed will sure as
hell have something to say about me marrying someone else!"

Santos took a minute to digest this information during which time Aliyah
appeared with a glass of frosted juice for him.

"Sam, go meet the rest of your descendants. I'm instructing the rest of the
crew to do the same - the ship can wait until after our banquet."

Sam nodded and returned to Lizzy, but he couldn't help but notice Aliyah
staring intently and angrily at his great-grandaughter.