[ncolug] Re: Radius, billing and paypal

  • From: David Fierbaugh <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ncolug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2006 20:43:59 -0400

On Monday 03 July 2006 19:47, Ken Allen wrote:
> I have found a script for that.  If you have the right WRT54G or WAP54G it
> will all fit on there and there is enough power to process all of the
> information.  The billing part just checks things and then it just sends it
> to paypal if the need to purchase more time or month and so on.  I do how
> ever want to find a system for a computer to.  Freeradius, I have looked
> at, but I haven't found a billing system for it.  One of my biggest
> concerns is that if things don't go right, you can, "brick" the device.
> So, this is why I am looking so hard for a linux soultion that has
> everything in one package, not multiple.

I've done a lot of work on the WRT54G and the NSLU2 and the various firmwares
for them. I've never 'bricked' one, and have never actually heard of a
confirmed 'brick' from flashing that could not be recovered. There are some
things that you can do to brick a WRT54G unrecoverably, but that mostly
involves hardware mods.

Subject field.