[ncolug] Re: Radius, billing and paypal

  • From: larry <larry@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ncolug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 06:55:12 -0400

http://www.freeradius.org/features.html

Ken Allen wrote:

I have been doing some major googling and I must not be searching on the right things. I am trying to find a software system to setup a radius server and a billing system that will use paypal for payment. This is going to be for a WIFI system and I have searched for linux, M$ and systems like ZyXels radius server. I would much prefer a linux system that will authenticate, billing and make sure that billing is up to date when the access, if not then need to pay more. I also want to be able to do remote management of the system and be able to check usage, billing, access and not authorized access attempts. After a lot of search thus far the best thing that I have found is a firmware update for the Linksys WRT54G that does all of this and has a module for paypal, but I don't have one of those and if I try and get on, I have to make sure it has enough memory. Does anyone have any ideas where I can head or a good search string for the search engines?

Thanks,

Ken

--
Start a political upheaval and let yourself be caught, and
you will hang as a traitor. But place yourself at the head of a rebellion and gain your point, and all future generations will worship you as the Father of their Country.

                               Hendrik Van Loon (1882-1944)