[ncolug] Re: Radius, billing and paypal

  • From: "M. Knisely" <charon79m@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ncolug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2006 19:39:52 -0400

I've seen those mods. I was more concerned about the processing power of that little machine, but space is always a concern too.

If you should get this going, I'd love to see a demo.

I've been wanting to put together a similar system for the Mansfield Richland County Library. Instead of billing, I'd like to have it do some basic reporting and "parental control" for those children in the Library.

I've looked into a lot of captive portal solutions, but not found exactly what I need yet. I'll be using Cisco 1200 APs and a separate box for the firewall/portal machine.

Mike K.

David Fierbaugh wrote:
If you feel comfortable with your soldering skills, you can add a flash card reader to a WRT54G, and you can always mount a partition via NFS.

On Thursday 29 June 2006 00:13, Ken Allen wrote:
I have been doing some major googling and I must not be searching on the
right things.  I am trying to find a software system to setup a radius
server and a billing system that will use paypal for payment.  This is
going to be for a WIFI system and I have searched for linux, M$ and systems
like ZyXels radius server.  I would much prefer a linux system that will
authenticate, billing and make sure that billing is up to date when the
access, if not then need to pay more.  I also want to be able to do remote
management of the system and be able to check usage, billing, access and
not authorized access attempts.   After a lot of search thus far the best
thing that I have found is a firmware update for the Linksys WRT54G that
does all of this and has a module for paypal, but I don't have one of those
and if I try and get on, I have to make sure it has enough memory.  Does
anyone have any ideas where I can head or a good search string for the
search engines?

Thanks,

Ken

Subject field.