[ncolug] Re: Interesting Ubuntu Development

  • From: Mike <bellyacres@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ncolug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2017 19:31:45 -0400

On 04/06/2017 05:43 PM, tech4u wrote:

To add my two cents to this: I use a Mac and Linux for most of my work. Almost any equipment I have to configure is through a web interface of some kind (switches, routers, firewalls, phone systems, websites, etc. So the browser is the key to the experience for the user in most cases. Most everything is done via a web interface, whether it is a url with :(port number) or an ip address with a port number. On another note is that the right malware can affect the browser also on any OS.

So there's my two cents. :)

Cory

From an educational perspective I'd be really interested in what malware has an effect on Linux. I haven't payed much attention to that area from a Linux user standpoint for quite some time. Have any specific, recent, examples that would be considered harmful in a Linux environment?

Mike