[nas-2000] Re: custom kernel/ initrd problem

  • From: Dan Luedtke <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nas-2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2008 16:44:03 +0100

Am 04.01.2008 um 16:21 schrieb Felix Mellmann:

Dan Luedtke schrieb:

PS: I'll change the wiki if no one complains, because it is not necessary anymore to solder a chip to the bord for installing debian onto the drive. It works fine by using the arping methoed like in normal Tinky flashing.

Yes, I have to complain. It's true, the bootloader is reachable via network. But there is now way to see the kernel output without that serial connection. I really meant it when I wrote that how-to.

.. *grummel* I would like to restore the correct version ... but the wiki hasn't got one ..

I'll revert it in a few minutes!
Sorry for that.

I got it working without the serial connection, therefore i thought it might be outdated. My chip hasn't arrived until now, i had no chance to see difference between serial and network.