[nas-2000] Re: configuration

  • From: Rob <robert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nas-2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 13:23:04 +0000

On 30/10/2007, robin wilding <robin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hey flip,
>
> Thanks for your prompt reply
>
> Yes it appears to get overwritten to default when the service is started and
> stopped. Looking at the processes:

My initial experiments with this box also provided little joy at
trying to alter the config files.  What I found DID work was to save
the configuration to a local file, unpack it (it's just a tar archive)
edit the relevant file, and add the file back to the original archive,
before restoring the configuration.   This got me /etc/exports changed
at least when I first got the box, still on 2.3.3 firmware.  I've a
vague recollection that the file was different on 2.3.3a, though, but
I wasn't really looking that hard that time.

Also, there seem to be a lot of configuration options in
/system/codb/objects which is a filesystem in the flash, so you might
also try digging around in there, although I've not spotted anything
relevant to your query myself during the very quick look I just had.

Good Luck,

Rob