[nanomsg] Re: Separating the library from the docs

  • From: Martin Sustrik <sustrik@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nanomsg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2013 10:22:17 +0200

Ok. Everyone seems in favor of keeping everything in a single repo. Let's keep it that way then.

Martin

On 19/08/13 11:13, Schmurfy wrote:
The only experience I have on this is from all the projects I
used/watched over the years and whenever the docs and the code and
separated they quickly tend to get out of sync, one of the recent
example of this is having the sources on github with the docs in the
project wiki.
The situation here is different but I don't think having two separate
repos/branches for the docs and the code will simplify anything, I tend
to think it will make things more complex for everyone involved.

Having an option to not build the doc is enough for me, requiring the
docs tools to build the source is indeed evil and stupid (and yet some
project do this...).

On 18 August 2013 17:23, John D. Mitchell <jdmitchell@xxxxxxxxx
<mailto:jdmitchell@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    +1